Only current TKL certified Referees/Judges are allow to officiate at TKL tournaments. The TKL conducts Referees/Judges Seminars and Clinics throughout the year. In this section, quickly find info on Code of Conduct, Seminars and clinics and an example Referee/Judge Certification Exam.
referee's & judges
The Texas Karate League takes great pride in providing adult Black Belts who have been certified to officiate TKL competitions. These men and woman from different martial arts styles and backgrounds have been well trained to be knowledgeable, fair, unbiased, and conscientious when refereeing and judging competitors. They understand that competitor’s safety and good sportsmanship are the most important things when facilitating competition. Uniformity in the interpretation and application of rules from all TKL officials allow a safe and positive experience for every competitor.
If you are interested in becoming a certified Referee or Judge for the TKL, then here are some basic requirements:
• Must be an adult Black Belt.
• Learn the current TKL rules and guidelines for both Forms and Fighting competitions.
• Attend any Referee/Judges training seminar.
• Attend any TKL continue education seminar or clinic.
• Use fair and unbiased judgement at all times.
• Display courtesy, respect and professionalism when interacting with fellow Black Belts, competitors, and spectators.
• Must have a black martial arts uniform to be able to officiate.
• Anyone may attend training seminars but only adult Black Belts can be certified.