COVID PANDEMIC RULES & GUIDELINES
The Texas Karate League’s priority is to help keep competitors, spectators, and staff personnel safe and healthy while at all TKL competitions. The League require that everyone who wishes to participate in any TKL tournament adhere to the following rules and guidelines. With everyone’s cooperation, the League will be able to continue hosting tournament competitions in the future.
• Competitors and accompanying spectators must not attend the tournament if they have any symptoms of COVID-19 or any contagious disease.
• Tournament competition entry fees will be refunded to those who can not participate in the tournament for any illness reasons.
• All competitors must have and use their own labeled (with name) personal sports equipment, water bottle, towel, hand sanitizer, and appropriate face covering.
Important Recent Changes for the TKL Tournaments
• All persons including staff, officials, judges, referees, and spectators should wear a mask/face covering that encloses both nose and mouth at all times while inside the tournament facilities.
• EXCEPTIONS: A person does NOT have to wear a mask due to valid medical reasons that prohibits them to wear one.
• COMPETITORS HAVE THE OPTION TO REMOVE THEIR MASK WHEN IT’S THEIR TURN TO PERFORM. Otherwise, Competitors MUST wear a mask while not actively competing (spectating, waiting for competition to begin, or their turn to perform).
• All persons are strongly encourage to a keep safe social distance from those who are not part of their group.
• Wash and sanitize your hands and equipment frequently.
THESE NEW REVISIONS TO THE TKL COVID RULES AND GUIDELINES SUPERCEDE PREVIOUSLY DISCUSSED AND PUBLISH INFORMATION.
• Hand sanitizers will be available throughout the tournament site. Please sanitize your hands and all sparring equipment frequently.
• Competitors and accompanying spectators will be allowed to enter the tournament building at anytime but competitors will be assigned divisional start times. Approximate divisional start times will be announced prior to tournament day.
• While at the tournament, all persons should maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet from persons who are not with your group. Minimize physical contact from one another.
• Competitors will be separated from each other at a socially safe distance while at their assigned rings.
• Competitors and accompanying spectators must leave the competition area once their divisions have finished unless they have other family members who are still competing.
• Concessions will not be available at the tournament site. You are encouraged to bring your own food and drink but it must be consumed outside the competition area.